Keller News

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Keller seeking volunteers for boards and commissions

Post Date:09/07/2018

The City of Keller is now seeking volunteers to serve on the Economic Development Board, Library Board, Parks & Recreation Board, Public Arts Board, Keller Development Corporation, Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Adjustment. 

  • Keller Economic Development Board: Advises the City Council on issues related to economic development, including development planning and marketing
  • Library Board: Advises City Council on matters related to the Keller Public Library programs, public services and facilities.
  • Parks and Recreation Board: Advises City Council on issues related to the city parks system, including recreational programs and facilities.
  • Public Arts Board: Advises City Council on events, programs and activities pertaining to the Public Arts Program. 
  • Keller Development Corporation: Administers expenditures of the city’s 1/2-cent sales tax revenue for park development, and implements the City of Keller Parks Master Plan.
  • Planning and Zoning Commission: Advises City Council on issues related to commercial and residential development, zoning, development plans, and master plan amendments.
  • Zoning Board of Adjustment: Considers appeals and adjustments to the city’s zoning ordinances.

With the exception of two advisory members of the Economic Development Board, all members of the city’s board and commissions must be residents and qualified voters of the City of Keller. Applications are available on the city website or from the Office of the City Secretary at Keller Town Hall, 1100 Bear Creek Pkwy., during normal business hours (8 a.m. through 5 p.m. Monday through Friday). Applications are being accepted through 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28. For more information, please contact the City Secretary’s Office at 817-743-4005 or

Click to Apply