- All vehicles must be parked on an approved paved surface, which includes (but is not limited to) asphalt, concrete, brick and natural pavestones with compacted sub-grade and base sufficient to support the vehicle’s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. The paved parking surface must encompass the entire footprint of the vehicle.
- Automobiles, motorcycles, pickup trucks and other self-propelled light load vehicles are allowed to be parked anywhere on a property provided they are parked on an approved paved surface.
- Towed light load vehicles (trailers), recreational vehicles and all vehicles that are covered with a tarp may only be parked within the side or rear yards provided they are parked on an approved paved surface.
- Heavy Load Vehicles are not allowed to be parked anywhere on any property. Heavy Load Vehicles are described as any self-propelled vehicle having a Manufacturer’s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of greater than 11,000 pounds and any/or towed vehicle with a Manufacturer’s Maximum Load Trailer Weight (MLTW) greater than 11,000 pounds and more than two axles. This definition does not include Recreational Vehicle nor Agricultural Vehicles.
- Parked vehicles on private property cannot encroach (cross) on any Right-of-Way, sidewalk or parkway (unpaved portion of Right-of-Way).
- Vehicles parked on the street are under the jurisdiction of the Keller Police Department. Please call Non-Emergency Dispatch at 817-743-4522 to report issues with vehicles parked on the street.
Please note, this page highlights the most frequent questions regarding parked vehicles, but this is not an exhaustive list. Contact Code Compliance staff for additional information.