In an effort to provide residents a deeper and consistently updated look at the city's revenues and expenses, the City of Keller is pleased to present our new Financial Transparency portal.
Keller has partnered with OpenGov to offer citizens and staff around-the-clock, web-based access to city finance information that they can view, filter, analyze, print and share. Users will find everything from historical trends to line-item details in charts and graphs that are easy to understand and tailored to citizens' interests.
Enjoy your search!
Quick How-To Guide:
OpenGov allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface:
- You'll notice the title of the report you are viewing in the top left corner
- Click on Saved on the left-hand side to view a list of common or favorite views on each report
- Select Filter to display key menus
- You can use the Show drop-down to select the data that is of most interest to you
- Use the Broken Down By drop-down to specify the category you would like the data organized by in your chart or graph
- Select the Filtered By option to view the data filters. These filters will allow you to select exactly which data you want to include, or exclude, from your graph or chart
- Use the Search function within each filter to find exactly what you are looking for
- You will also see a Fiscal Year slider below the Filtered By menu. Move the sliders to choose the fiscal year of data you would like to see
- The tool offers five different types of visual data representations:
- A stacked percentage graph to see percentage changes over time
- A stacked line graph to visualize overall trends over time
- A line graph overlaying each trend over time
- A pie chart to view percentage breakdowns by year (to view data for other years, move the slider below the pie chart)
- A bar chart comparing trends and percentage breakdowns over time.
- Prefer raw numbers? Below any chart or graph, you can view a table detailing the financial information in the visualization above
- Use the Help drop-down in the top right corner to:
- View a short How-To Guide with tips on navigating the platform
- Recall the Welcome Screen
- View a short Multi-Fund Accounting 101 primer with basic information on multi-fund accounting
- Contact the administrators of the account
- Use the Share drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Share your customized graph or chart through social media
- Send a link to your customized graph or chart through email
- Use the Download drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Download an image of the graph or table as a .png file
- Download a spreadsheet as a .csv file
- Financial data included on the platform is for the City of Keller only; independent government agencies like Keller ISD and Tarrant County are not included.
- Some expenditures and revenues do not track year to year. For example, there may be expenditure for a specific item or project in the past that is no longer part of our annual budget. These expenditure categories will only be visible for the years they were used; after that, they will be zeroed out.