The following are some winter storm safety tips to keep in mind should inclement weather occur in our community:
- Remain indoors if possible. If you must go out, dress to fit the weather with layered, wind-resistant clothing, a hat, and gloves or mittens to protect yourself against frostbite.
- If you must perform work outside, take frequent breaks to warm up and avoid overexertion.
- Have emergency heating equipment approved for indoor use and appropriate fuel for it. Emergency heating equipment includes kerosene or propane heaters and wood-burning stoves.
- Have emergency lighting in case the power goes out: flashlights or lanterns with a supply of batteries or fuel.
- Keep an emergency supply of ready-to-eat non-perishable food and an emergency supply of water on hand.
- Listen to your radio or TV to obtain weather and emergency information. Have a battery-powered radio with spare batteries in case your electricity goes out.
- Travel only if absolutely necessary. If you must travel, do so in daylight. Have emergency supplies in your vehicle.
For more information regarding emergency management, please contact:
Keller Fire Rescue Administration