The Keller Fire Department welcomes tours of the fire stations and trucks. Station tours last approximately 30 minutes and include viewing a fire engine, ambulance, firefighting equipment, fire gear, emergency medical equipment and living quarters, as well as a short presentation concerning fire safety.
Tour Criteria and Information
- Tours may be scheduled between the hours of 9-11 a.m., 1-4 p.m., or 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Firefighters have a busy schedule, so tours should be scheduled as far in advance as possible. This allows us a greater opportunity to accommodate the date and time of your request.
- Groups should be no larger than 25 people, including children and adults. There must be one adult chaperone for every five children. Children under the age of 5 are frequently frightened by the noises and surroundings, and do not understand the tour information.
- Carpooling groups to the fire station is encouraged due to a very limited number of parking spaces. Street parking is not available.
- Please understand that your tour may be interrupted. Fire stations must remain "in-service" during tours and the firefighters may need to respond to emergencies. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. If your tour is interrupted by an emergency call, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule your visit.
- If firefighters are not at the station when your group arrives, they are out on an emergency call. We recommend you wait 15 minutes for their return. If they do not return in that time, it will be necessary to reschedule your tour.
- Firefighters have serious work to do. You are welcome to tour a fire station, but may not hold party festivities at the facility. Please do not bring food or drinks into the fire station during tours.
For more information or to schedule a tour, please call 817-743-4400 anytime from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.