The 2018 International Residential Code requires that smoke alarms be installed in all residential properties and maintained in working condition.
You qualify for a free smoke alarm if you meet the following conditions:
- You live in the City of Keller and own the property in which you reside and
- You do not already have a working smoke alarm and
- You are not financially able to purchase a smoke alarm
Regardless of these conditions, you may still qualify for this program if:
- At least one child under the age of 18 resides with you or
- You are 60 years of age or older
Your free smoke alarm will be installed by Keller firefighters in a department vehicle, by appointment when an adult is present. To request a smoke alarm, please complete this request form accurately and completely.