The City of Keller is pleased to offer a wide array of exciting, competitive benefits to our regular full-time employees.
- High-deductible Health Plan insurance with Health Savings Account
- "Buy-Up" Health Plan insurance with Health Reimbursement Account
- Dental & Vision insurance
- A portion of medical and dental insurance paid for eligible dependents
- Compass Professional Health Service offered to all employees who elect medical benefits through the City.
- $10,000 life insurance policy and $10,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment policy
- $5,000 life insurance policy for spouse, $2,500 for dependent children over 6 months of age, and $1,000 for dependent children 14 days to 6 months of age
- Additional optional life insurance is available for purchase by employee (eligibility requirements may apply)
- Accrued monthly beginning in the first month of employment
- Sworn Police Officers & Fire Protection Personnel (8-hr shifts)
- 1*-119 months of service = 120 hours (15 days) per year
- 120+ months of service = 160 hours (20 days) per year
- Fire Fighter accrual:
- 1*-119 months of service = 7.5 shifts per year (15 hours per month accrued)
- 120 + months of service = 10 shifts per year (20 hours per month accrued)
- Other Department Employees accrual:
- 1* - 60 months of service = 80 hours (10 days) per year
- 61 - 120 months of service = 120 hours (15 days) per year
- 121 + months of service = 160 hours (20 days) per year
- * employees begin accruing, but cannot use vacation until 6 months employment completed.
- Employees who have completed one year of full time employment may be paid for unused accrued vacation upon separation.
- Employees enjoy 10 paid holidays per year, including one personal day to be used by the end of the year
- 8 hours accrued per month, 12 days per year; unlimited accrual
- Accrued sick leave is not paid upon termination
Short-Term Disability Plan
- 60% of base weekly salary to a maximum of $600
- Benefits begin on the 30th day for disability due to an accident or illness
- Maximum benefit duration is 22 weeks
Long-Term Disability Plan
- 60% of base monthly salary to a maximum of $5,000 per month
- 180-day waiting period before benefit takes effect
- Three days per year is allowed for a death in the immediate family
- Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS): employees contribute 7% of salary (tax deferred)
- City contributes 2 to 1 at retirement (5 years vesting, retire at age 60 or 20 years service-any retirement age)
- Supplemental life insurance policy pays the equivalent of one year's current annual salary to beneficiary
- 7.65% of salary paid to Social Security/Medicare
- $5 paid for each month of completed service with the City up to a specified amount of time
- Courses must be job-related, approved in advance, meet grade requirements, and tuition cost not exceed State rates
- Available after one year of employment
The Keller Pointe membership
- Free membership for employees to the fitness, aquatic and recreation facility
- Discounted family memberships available through payroll deductions
Employee Assistance Program
- Service provided for employees and their families to be used for confidential counseling and personal concerns
- The City provides insurance for all on-the-job injuries.
- The City pays employees for jury duty, training, conferences and voting.
- 15 paid days per year
- Provided to employees in departments that require uniforms
The City of Keller also offers a number of optional benefits for employees to take advantage of if they choose, such as: Section 125 plans, deferred compensation (457(b)) plans, and other optional insurance products.