The Keller Police Department is a value-driven, nationally accredited organization committed to excellence and to partnering with the community to make Keller a better place to live, visit and conduct business.
We are now accepting registration for two testing dates: Sat. Sept. 15, and Wed. Sept. 19, 2018. For more information, and to register, please visit www.cityofkeller.com.jobs. EOE
|Other Police Department Jobs|
Police Officer Compensation:
Lateral Compensation: The Keller Police Department offers lateral compensation for TCOLE experienced certified Peace Officers. Pay will be commensurate with TCOLE experience and internal equity. We also offer two incentives for lateral officers:
- $2,500 sign-on incentive for lateral officers
- $2,500 relocation incentive for selected candidates living >75 miles from Keller Police Department
For more information, click HERE to download a PDF version.
We are also pleased to offer a $2,500 relocation incentive for selected candidates (including new recruits) living >75 miles from the Keller Police Department.
- Application submission
- Personal History Statement (PHS): Candidates MUST complete the (PHS) and bring it with them, notarized, with all appropriate documentation to their scheduled written testing appointment. The PHS can be downloaded by clicking HERE.
- Testing: A study guide is available for purchase HERE.
- Candidates must achieve a minimum passing score on the written test in order to be considered for employment.
- Preliminary interview/PHS review
- Fitness Assessment: Candidates who successfully pass the written test and preliminary review will be scheduled for the fitness assessment. This is comprised of a 2,000 meter row on a rowing machine. Tips on correct technique can be found by clicking HERE.
- Oral board interview
- Pre-employment process following conditional job offer, including but not limited to:
- background investigation
- polygraph examination
- psychological evaluation
- fit-for-duty physical, ergonomic physical, & drug screen
- Interview with Chief of Police
- Expected duration of process: approximately 6-8 weeks after the posting announcement close date
- Re-application: all candidates are welcome to apply for any currently posted job opportunity
Minimum of 21 years of age at time of hire
A minimum of 30 college hours with a min. GPA of 2.0 from a TCOLE-recognized accredited college or university, OR be honorably discharged from the military within one year of initial pre-employment test date after completing two or more years of active duty, OR Texas Peace Officer currently certified
Valid Texas Driver's License, or the ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
United States of America citizenship
- No DWI/DUID convictions within the last 10 years
No Class B or above misdemeanor convictions within the last five years
No felony convictions
No assault convictions against a family member, regardless of penalty grade; cannot be the subject of a court-issued protective order
No TCOLE license denials or revocations, or voluntary surrender of license
Honorable Discharge from Armed Forces (if a veteran)
For more information on the Keller Police Department and its recruiting efforts, contact Sgt. Jeff Stafford at 817-743-4543, firstname.lastname@example.org or HR Employment Specialist Melanie Curl at 817-743-4045, email@example.com.
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement - for information on Peace Officer certification (TCOLE).