Approved in spring 2014, the Keller Development Corporation Matching Grant Program allows individuals and organizations passionate about Keller to make a lasting impact on the city's parks and recreation amenities.
Earmarked in the KDC budget, which is funded by the half-cent of sales tax revenue dedicated to parks and recreation, the program offers up to a 50 percent funding match for approved projects that enhance public park land within the city.
This allows private individuals and groups to expedite development on the projects they’re most excited about and leverages the city's capital funding to work toward the ongoing advancement of the Parks, Recreation and Open Space Master Plan.
Proposed projects will be considered on a case-by-case basis and should be consistent with the overall intended use of the parks as per the adopted Parks, Recreation & Open Space Master Plan. Members of the KDC will consider the following during their grant award deliberations:
- Is the project located on public property?
- Is the project related to a currently funded Capital Improvement Project (CIP)?
- Is the project related to a project in the adopted 5-year CIP?
- Does the project benefit Keller residents?
- Does the project enhance a current parks and recreation system asset?
- Does the project assist with the acquisition of a capital purchase?
- Does the project have a useful life of at least five years?
- Does the project accelerate the completion of a CIP or Parks, Recreation & Open Space Master Plan project?
Applications for the Matching Grant Program are available at the Parks and Recreation Office at Keller Town Hall or via download below. For more information, please call Parks and Recreation at 817-743-4050.
Download Matching Grant Program Policy and Application (PDF)