Community Waste Disposal
2010 California Crossing
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Garbage and recycling services for residential customers and garbage services for commercial customers are administered by Community Waste Disposal. CWD Customer Service Representatives are available to assist you from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays and from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays. Please call 817-795-9300 or access them online at www.CWD.to.
- Residential Service Rates
- Residential Twice-Weekly Collection
- Yard Waste Collection
- Holiday Collection Schedule
- Residential Bulky Waste Service
- Landfill/Transfer Station Disposal
- Community Clean-up Program
- Commercial Garbage Service
and Recycling Service Rates
As of Sep. 1, 2018 the rate of $13.10 + tax per month for regular residential customers and $12.08 + tax for Senior Citizens includes both garbage and recycling services.
- Senior Citizens (65 years or older) may contact City of Keller Utility Billing Customer Service at 817-743-4060 to request the senior rate. To qualify, the senior must be the account holder and provide proof of age.
Residential Twice-Weekly Collection
Garbage collection occurs twice weekly for Keller residents, either Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday, depending on your address. Find your schedule here:
Garbage should be placed curbside by 7 a.m. on collection days to ensure pickup between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. However, garbage cannot be placed out more than 12 hours prior to collection day.
- Customers must use containers (disposable or permanent) sufficient in number to hold all garbage materials. The containers must be securely closed to prevent scattering and accessibility to insects, rodents and animals. To avoid injury, trash containers, plastic bags and other disposable containers should not weigh more than 50 pounds when filled.
- Only waste that is solid waste, or residential garbage including acceptable brush, yard waste and trash, as solid waste is defined under the laws of the United States and/or the State of Texas is acceptable for disposal in a landfill. No garbage that produces noxous odors is allowed.
- All handicapped or disabled customers who require backdoor service should contact CWD at 817-795-9300 for more information and to apply for this service. Customers must provide verification to the contractor from a physician as to their inability to carry containers to the curbside. If approved, customers may place containers at their front doorstep to be visible from the street, or at a location as may be determined by the contractor. The contractor shall not be responsible for entering garages or behind enclosed fences. The cost for this service is $16.66 per month.
- Customer cannot place any hazardous wastes or liquids for collection. Residents have free access to Fort Worth's Environmental Collection Center for disposal of household hazardous waste materials ... Read about the City's household hazardous waste program
Yard Waste Collection
- Yard Waste recycling service is available on the first pick-up day, either Monday or Tuesday of the customer's service schedule. Brush and tree limbs must be tied in bundles not to exceed four feet (4') in length and fifty (50) pounds in weight. Loose brush, grass clippings, leaves and other yard debris must be placed in bio-degradable kraft bags, for a total of 20 bags/bundles. All yard waste should be placed at the curb separate from garbage. Yard waste in plastic bags or put out on Thursday or Friday will be disposed of with regular solid waste and not recycled.
CWD observes four holidays:
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Day
- Independence Day
Garbage services will resume on your next regularly scheduled collection day.
Residential Bulky Waste Service and Special Hauls
CWD provides its residential customers with bulky waste pick-ups on their second service day (Thursday or Friday), as part of their regular garbage collection. This includes such items as old furniture, refrigerators (with certification that CFC's have been removed by a certified technician), water tanks, hot water heaters, washing machines, other large household appliances and materials resulting from minor remodeling (excludes construction debris defined as waste building materials from construction, remodeling, repair or demolition operations - contact CWD at 817-795-9300 for disposal options).
Special hauls may be required for large quantities of loose brush, tree stumps and other debris not meeting acceptable brush definitions. At customer's request, these items may be collected and disposed of by CWD for a special haul fee. The fee per special haul is based on the size of the load, which is measured by cubic yard. For information and to arrange for a special haul pick-up, contact CWD at 817-795-9300.
Residential customers have free Landfill/Transfer Station disposal privileges on the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., excluding legal holidays. Residents must show the payment stub from their most current water bill and a valid driver's license to gain access to the premises. All materials to be disposed of must not fall outside of any regulations pertaining to the hauling/disposing of waste as stated by law. Items may be disposed of at the CWD Transfer Station located at 2010 California Crossing, Dallas, TX 75220. For information, contact CWD at 817-795-9300.
Community Clean-Up Program
A Community Clean-up Program has been established to address the costs associated with storm debris management and other clean-up efforts. A 20-cent per month residential fee is assessed by the City to support this program.
For information on current rates, schedules and services for commercial hand collect, front-load, rolloff, and compactor services, contact CWD at 817-795-9300.