Community Waste Disposal
2010 California Crossing
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Garbage and Recycling operations will run normally on July 4, 2019
Garbage and recycling services for residential customers and garbage services for commercial customers are administered by Community Waste Disposal.
CWD Customer Service Representatives are available to assist you from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays and from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays. Please call 817-795-9300 or access them online at www.CWD.to.
and Recycling Service Rates
- Regular: $13.10 + tax
- Senior Citizen: $12.08 + tax
Senior Citizens (65 years or older) may contact City of Keller Utility Billing Customer Service at 817-743-4060 to request the senior rate. To qualify, the senior must be the account holder and provide proof of age.
Residential Twice-Weekly Collection
Garbage collection occurs twice weekly for Keller residents, either Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday, depending on your address. Open the Garbage and Recycling Services brochure to the right to view the service maps.
Garbage should be placed curbside by 7 a.m. on collection days to ensure pickup between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. However, garbage cannot be placed out more than 12 hours prior to collection day.
- Customers must use containers (disposable or permanent) sufficient to hold all garbage materials. Containers must be securely closed to prevent scattering and accessibility to insects, rodents and animals. To avoid injury, trash containers, plastic bags and other disposable containers should not weigh more than 50 pounds when filled.
- Backdoor service is available for handicapped or disabled customers who require backdoor service should contact CWD at or a monthly service fee of $16.66. Call 817-795-9300 for more information and to apply for this service.
- No garbage that produces noxous odors is allowed, and customers cannot place any hazardous waste or liquids our for collection. Residents have free access to the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center for disposal of household hazardous waste materials. Learn More About Household Hazardous Waste
Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste materials placed curbside on a resident's first collection day (either Monday or Tuesday) are transported to a Living Earth facility for composting:
- Brush must be prepared in bundles 4 feet or shorter and weighing up to 50 lbs
- Leaves and other small waste should be in biodegradable kraft bags
- CWD will accept up to 20 bags/bundles per resident on each collection day
Please note: materials placed curbside for Thursday or Friday pickup - and any materials placed out in plastic bags - will be taken to the landfill rather than for composting. Loose brush in any amount will not be collected.
Residential Bulk Waste Service and Special Hauls
CWD provides residential customers with bulk waste pick-ups on their second service day (Thursday or Friday) as part of their regular garbage collection. This includes such items as old furniture, refrigerators (with certification that CFC's have been removed by a certified technician), water tanks, hot water heaters, washing machines, other large household appliances and materials resulting from minor remodeling (excludes construction debris defined as waste building materials from construction, remodeling, repair or demolition operations).
Special hauls may be required for large quantities of loose brush, tree stumps and other debris not meeting acceptable brush definitions. At customer's request, these items may be collected and disposed of by CWD for a special haul fee. The fee per special haul is based on the size of the load, which is measured by cubic yard. For information and to arrange for a special haul pick-up, contact CWD at 817-795-9300.
Residential customers have free Landfill/Transfer Station (2010 California Crossing, Dallas, TX 75220) disposal privileges on the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., excluding legal holidays. Residents must show the payment stub from their most current water bill and a valid driver's license to gain access to the premises. For information, contact CWD at 817-795-9300.
Community Clean-Up Program
Following significant storm damage, the city may choose to pay CWD for additional collection days, relaxed debris requirements or other situation-specific options. Residents will be alerted to such plans through the city's website and official social media accounts. A 20-cent per month residential fee is assessed by the city to support this program.
For information on current rates, schedules and services for commercial hand collect, front-load, rolloff and compactor services, contact CWD at 817-795-9300.