The City of Keller garbage and recycling services for residential and commercial customers is administered by Community Waste Disposal.
- Regular: $13.10 + tax
- Senior Citizen: $12.08 + tax
Senior Citizens (65 years or older) may contact City of Keller Utility Billing Customer Service at 817-743-4060 to request the senior rate. To qualify, the senior must be the account holder and provide proof of age.
Recycling Collection Days
CWD picks up recycling from Keller homes once per week. Open the Garbage & Recyling Services Brochure to the right to view the recycling map. Need help determining where your home is? View the:
- Recycling must be contained in a CWD recycling cart or bin clearly marked recycling receptacle. Residents may request one 65-gallon capacity cart with attached lid by phoning CWD at (817-795-9300, opt. 2) or two 18-gallon capacity bins with lids at no charge from the Utility Billing department at Keller Town Hall (817-743-4060). Additional bins may be purchased for $6 each, and additional lids may be purchased for $4 each.
- Place recycle carts/bins at curbside by 7 a.m. on collection days to ensure pick-up. However, recyclables cannot be out more than 12 hours prior to collection day.
- Customers should keep contents secured to prevent scattering. Residents may set out additional materials, such as broken-down corrugated cardboard or newspapers in paper bags or bundles, next to the cart or under the bin.
Acceptable Recycling Materials
- Acceptable: Glass bottles and jars that are clear, brown and green in color
- Not Acceptable: Light bulbs, window glass, plate glass, ceramic items and mirrors
- Acceptable: Plastic products numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7. These items include milk jugs, soda and drink bottles, shampoo bottles and detergent containers
- Not Acceptable: Serving items such as utensils, plates and cups; butter tubs; and bottles that have contained oil or petroleum by-products.
- Acceptable: All steel/tin cans, aluminum beverage cans, and non-ferrous containers
- Not Acceptable: Aluminum foil
- Acceptable: Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, telephone books, office paper & school paper, file folders and records, junk mail, and cardboard products such as cereal boxes, soda cartons and other household paper products
- Not Acceptable: Wax-coated paper drink containers, shredded paper, wet tissues, wet paper, paper towels, or paper that has been contaminated with food products such as meat cartons and pizza delivery boxes
Disposal of Medication and Sharps
- A drop box for the disposal of expired or unused medications (pill or powder form) is located in the 24-hour lobby of the Keller Police Department, 330 Rufe Snow Drive. Liquid medications, injectibles and syringes are not accepted at the drop box.
- Needles, sharps and syringes may be disposed of in your normal trash by taking the following steps:
- Seal them into a hard plastic or metal container (empty laundry detergent or bleach containers work well)
- Reinforce the lid with heavy-duty tape
- Label the container as containing needles, sharps or syringes
Mobile Collection Days
The city offers two recycling events per year for disposal of household hazardous waste, electronics recycling and paper shredding. You can learn more about these events on the Mobile Collection Days page.
Christmas Tree Recycling/Mulching Program
The city's Christmas tree recycling program will be available from Dec. 20, 2019 to Jan. 19, 2020. Drop off your "clean," live Christmas tree in the Equestrian Arena parking lot of the Keller Sports Park. No flocked trees are allowed and all decorations, bags, tinsel, ornaments, lights, plastics, nails and stands must be removed from the trees to avoid potential injury to the workers and to ensure clean, quality mulch.
Free mulch is later available to the public on a first-come, first-served basis.