Community Waste Disposal
2010 California Crossing
Dallas, TX 75220-2310
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday
Garbage & Recycling Service Brochure (PDF)
The rate of $11.91 per month for regular residential customers and $10.97 for Senior Citizens includes both garbage and recycling services.
Senior Citizens (65 years or older) may contact City of Keller Utility Billing Customer Service at 817-743-4060 to request the senior rate. To qualify, the senior must be the account holder and provide proof of age.
Recycling Collection Days
Need help identifying your collection schedule? Visit the links below:
- Interactive City of Keller Map (WebLink)
- Recycling must be contained in a CWD recycling cart or bin clearly marked recycling receptacle. Residents may request one 65-gallon capacity cart with attached lid by phoning CWD at (817-795-9300, opt. 2) or two 18-gallon capacity bins with lids at no charge from the Utility Billing department at Keller Town Hall (817-743-4060). Additional bins may be purchased for $6 each, and additional lids may be purchased for $4 each.
- Place recycle carts/bins at curbside by 7 a.m. on collection days to ensure pick-up. However, recyclables cannot be out more than 12 hours prior to collection day.
- Customers should keep contents secured to prevent scattering. Residents may set out additional materials, such as broken-down corrugated cardboard or newspapers in paper bags or bundles, next to the cart or under the bin.
Download CWD's Weekly Recycling Service Brochure (PDF) »
- Acceptable: Glass bottles and jars that are clear, brown and green in color.
- Not Acceptable: Items not allowed include light bulbs, window glass, plate glass, ceramic items and mirrors.
- Acceptable: Plastic products numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 can be recycled. These items include milk jugs, soda and drink bottles, shampoo bottles and detergent containers.
- Not Acceptable: Plastics not allowed are serving items such as utensils, plates and cups, butter tubs and bottles that have contained oil or petroleum by-products.
- Acceptable: All steel/tin cans are recyclable. Aluminum beverage cans and non-ferrous containers are also acceptable.
- Not Acceptable: Aluminum foil
- Acceptable: Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, telephone books, office paper & school paper, old file folders and records, junk mail, and cardboard products such as cereal boxes, soda cartons and other household paper products
- Not Acceptable: Wax-coated paper drink containers, shredded paper, wet tissues, wet paper, paper towels, or paper that has been contaminated with food products such as meat cartons and pizza delivery boxes
Disposal of Medications and Sharps
- A drop box for the disposal of prescription medications is located at the Keller Police Department, 330 Rufe Snow Drive, night entry.
- National Prescription Drug take back event; Saturday, October 28, 2017 Prescriptions can be dropped off at the Keller Police Department from 10 AM to 2 PM.
- Disposal of Syringes from households: Do's and Don'ts.
Holiday Collection Schedule
Community Waste Disposal observes four holidays a year.
- New Years Day
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Recycling Services will resume on your next regularly scheduled recycling collection day.
Christmas Tree Recycling/Mulching Program
The city's Christmas tree recycling program will run from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15, 2017, through Sunday, Jan. 14, 2018. The drop-off location is the Equestrian Arena parking lot at the Keller Sports Park, below Sam's Club off of Sports Parkway. No flocked trees will be allowed and all decorations, bags, tinsel, ornaments, lights, plastics, nails and stands must be removed from the trees to avoid potential injury to the workers and to ensure clean, quality mulch
Free mulch will be available to the public on a first-come, first-served basis at a later date. For information on the Christmas tree recycling program, contact the City Manager's Office at 817-743-4000 or email@example.com.